Gnome Activity Journal

Why on earth is the Gnome Activity Journal / Zeitgeist not being included in Gnome 3.0?:
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/06/i-know-im-in-no-position-to-criticise.html

I've seen no reasonable explanation so far to exclude such excellent work from Gnome 3 that I really feel is inline with what Gnome 3 was aiming for.

One comment from the article that I feel I'm agreeing with more and more:
". . . I think it is sad that Zeitgeist is not part of GNOME 3. And to be honest I think the the reasons behind it are not well thought through but again its not me who decides. Zeitgeist is NOT as file manager but rather an Activity Manager. And although Shell wants to integrate some of its functionalities its still just some...
I think it has to do with a lot of politics... a reason why i am running for GNOME board it to ease the experience the Zeitgeist team had to go through for other amazing upstream projects like Docky, Elementary and GTG...
Yes we dont integrate fully with the desktop but lets be honest we cant dump everything into shell. It just fucks up the modularity that Linux is all about...
Like the aforementioned projects i think we are one of the last fully community based projects in GNOME. GNOME has become a battlefield of corporations and sooner or later if it does not improve it will come to a divergence... RH and Canonical are killing GNOME and its sad...
RH should concentrate on doing services while Canonical should work on the UX... this is the only way GNOME will survive... "

Furthermore does this mean the task Pooper idea is being completely dropped? It seemed to me that it integrated with Zeitgeist:
http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2010/02/task-pooper-could-revolutionize-gnome-desktop.ars