All in applets

Hi,

I have draw,  some new  mockups of my Gnome-Shell vision.
I have done them in a short time, so it's more for explain my goals than build a marvelous design mockup.

I'm sure that you already know that many of us don't like the dashbar and its heavy zoom-in/zoom-out animation.
I also disagree the static activity menu bar.
I prefer small animations and overlay menus or applets, like in our gnome 2.30.
Moving the background images is too much for my stomach.

So I suggest a return to the basic of the Gnome success: The Applet.
One of the most powerfull things in gnome is applet:
-You can add, suppress, move all the the applet you want in the order you want.
- If you don't use one, you can make it disappear. I you want to add a specific, in the top left corner, you can.
With Gnome 2.30 you can display and manage all the tools you want in the way what you want. You can never force a user to display a menu unnecessary for him.

So, mockups are here ( it's heavy files):

The panel with some applet, like "Applications" "Documents" "Contacts" ....
http://ubuntuone.com/p/6Qb/
If you don't want one of them, no problem it's an applet, just drop it.

You want to see all the current workspace click, in the left corner, on the beautiful Gnome icons (it's an applet too).
We can imagine a simply animation like in MacOS  withF11/F12
We don't resize the background image.
http://ubuntuone.com/p/6Qc/

All the application stay in background, you can open an menu and work as usual.
http://ubuntuone.com/p/6Qd/
Or without the workspace view, the access to this menu is faster, so you can use it like a task bar.
http://ubuntuone.com/p/6Qe/

An applet for the documents and device:
http://ubuntuone.com/p/6Qf/
Inspiring from the sezen application: http://seilo.geekyogre.com/2010/06/concepts-for-a-new-open-file-dialog-and-search-dialog-using-zeitgeist/

If you want, an applet for your bookmarks:
http://ubuntuone.com/p/6Qg/
We are in an Internet world now.

An applet to manage your contacts and have a quick access to them.
http://ubuntuone.com/p/6Qh/

A complete implementation of the clock:
http://ubuntuone.com/p/6Rd/

And all the specific stuff you want
http://ubuntuone.com/p/6Rn/

Gnome is powerfull because it can adapt to all the strange desire.
Don't fix menus and applets to a corner or whatever. Free the menus!!!

Regards
Kao