Re: Some thoughts about Gnome Shell (Keyboard Navigation; more self-explanatory UI; UI obstacles)

I second the Sidebar Statement, hide it, kill it, sorry but to me its totally useless. Especially taken into consideration that a lot of people would want to use AWN or Docky even though they switched to Gnome Shell (until we come up with something better that is). People that dont use some Dock in general will probably be happy without the Sidebar as well.

Am 29. Januar 2010 15:38 schrieb Dan Winship <danw gnome org>:
On 01/28/2010 03:04 PM, Friedrich Gräter wrote:
> 5. The sidebar for various reasons:
>       - It is hidden per default, which is bad for newcomers

It is currently hidden by default because we're not happy with the
current state of it. Perhaps we should hide the option for re-enabling
it as well.

-- Dan