Re: Extensions interacting with windows

Dan Winship wrote:
> On 01/25/2010 09:10 PM, Grizzly(Francis Smit) wrote:
>
>> so are you saying there is a notification area in gnome-shell because
>> the icons don't show there
>>

> Yes, there's a notification area, at the right side of the panel, next
> to the user menu.
>
> If you run "gnome-shell --replace", then some tray icons will not
> successfully make the transition from the old panel to the gnome-shell
> panel, because they use a buggy old version of the tray icon code. But
> restarting the apps in question should make them reappear.
>
> -- Dan

A got the icons showing now that improves things a lot, but the message
area thing is necessary still I need something to replace the
taskbar/widow list thing, also I want to be able to configure my clock
in short I want all the options from the old clock, i.e. I want to be
able to set 24 hours and seconds and show date and the weather would be
good.

Also that little sidebar thing isn't enough I want a panel on the other
side too and the ability to put stuff like my system monitor applet there