Re: Usability: size of buttons in Overview mode

On Mon, 2010-01-25 at 10:09 +1300, John Williams wrote:
> Hello freedom lovers!
>
> In my humble opinion the usability of GNOME Shell has taken a backward
> step in the latest revision:
>
> 1.  The buttons to add or delete a workspace is now much smaller and
> harder to find and hit
>
> 2.  The buttons to expand the list of applications or documents
> suffers from the same problem
>
> Not a regression, but a suggestion for improvement:

I don't want to quibble about well intentioned advice:

 - It's not a _really_ a suggestion for improvement unless you
   have ideas about how to do it better.

 - Detailed suggestions about improvements (or complaints :-)
   are better off in Bugzilla, since things mentioned on the list
   will get lost.

> - The application titles in the application well are ellipsized.  It
>
> would be helpful if the title was fully expanded on mouseover or hover
> (i.e. a tooltip).

This especially would be better in Bugzilla. (Though the plan here is to
fix the application titles so that they almost never get ellipsized
instead of almost always get ellipsized.)

- Owen