Gnome-shell and moving across the menus

Hi everybody,

I wondered if there was a way to move between all those menus in the overview mode. It's great to be able to access the overview and come back from it just by hitting the Window key (or some other combination of keys). But then, you're stuck in the overview since you must use your mouse to select things.

Here, there are two particular movements which could be (and should be in my opinion) added : 1. move between the menu items, for example, <Tab> to switch between the menus (Seach, Application, Shortcuts, Recent files), and then the directional keys to select the menu item we want to use (within the currently selected menu).
2. move between the workspaces (and possibly add some or delete some)

Actually, the most important one which needs to be implemented is the first one as the second one is easily done while staying in the desktop mode where we can use <Ctrl><Alt>Left/Right to naviguate.

((Note :
it would be great to have the possibility to naviguate also in the up-down direction so that we can have a lot more things in the session and still be able to use them all easily and fast (as long as we remember where it is).
Actually, we are stuck to the left and right neighboring workspaces.
That's not too bad, but it looks like a waste of space since it would be easy (looks like) to add the capability of moving up and down. Moreover, that would really give us the impression that we are in an open area (add to it the fact to be able to cross the border to come back on the other side of the area and that would be perfect !).
))

To come back to the internal overview key movements, it is missing since we may all love mice, but I don't love touchpads as I do love mice...
On a netbook, it's better to use keys, and it's faster in my opinion.

And anyway, what would be the best way to try implementing those behaviours by myself (in C / Java / Javascript or whatever) ? I would like to invest some of my time in gnome-shell. I suppose the sources are available on some svn/git/hg. Is there a documentation of it or only the inline code documentation ?

--
http://www.wox-xion.ch/