Re: Me being Picky: A few minor points

El vie, 15-01-2010 a las 20:02 +0000, Joshua Landau escribió:

> First of all, the default of a black colour scheme is... odd. [...]
> In fact, I can't think of a single good connotation except for
> minimalism.

My personal guess: If you look at the gnome roadmap [1], one of the
first features announced for the "next version" of GNOME is support for
dark widget themes. In fact, that feature has been announced for so many
releases, that I can't possibly recall when it made its first
appearance.

Apparently, GNOME 3.0 finally sets out to get that off the roadmap!

More seriously though, there are already mockups out there with a much
gnomier look[2], and intends to implement it[3] using the theming
capabilities already present in gnome-shell.

So really, I don't think anyone has anything to worry on the theming
front. Also remember that distros will have a word in what ships to
users, too - I'd be very much surprised if Ubuntu didn't change the
current black for some shade of brown ;)

As already pointed out by Colin, the other issue is a bug which will be
fixed eventually.

[1] http://live.gnome.org/RoadMap#For_Users-1
[2] http://pilipes.blogspot.com/2009/11/gnome-shell-ideas.html
[3] http://github.com/magcius/gnome-shell-theme