Re: gnome shell (aplication)mockup

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 11:40 AM, Samuel Arthur Wright Illingworth <mazz0 mazz0 com> wrote:
From some discussions around the app designs we didn't feel the
category system was very successful, and wanted to move away from it.

One of the newer inkscape mockups has a grid, and I think that just
makes sense, especially on larger displays.

Now, different sections in the grid is something to consider.  I think
it'd be interesting to try a section which was e.g. "Recently Closed"
apps.  Another one might be "Newly Available" (think PackageKit
integration here).