forgotten messages

I'm just reading about the message tray, and I like the sound of it very much, except for one thing - what if I get a message but I'm busy for now (busy writing a complicated sentence or something, not having my status set to busy) so I ignore it and it goes away.  Unless I then manually check the message try, will I never be reminded of that message?

I was thinking perhaps if there are unread messages the bottom edge of the screen could glow - how does that sound?

I'd like to try the message tray - is it available for testing?  I'm currently just using the gnome shell from the Karmic repos.

--
Sam Illingworth