Re: Wide displays should be ordered differently in overlay

On Sun, 2010-01-03 at 17:12 +0000, Samuel Arthur Wright Illingworth
wrote:
> If you have a very wide workspace, such as two or more screens, then
> when you have two workspaces in the overlay both screens are shrunk
> unnecessarily small.  Wouldn't it make more sense for the second
> workspace to come on from underneath, so you have them vertically,
> meaning each can be larger?

The plan here is that each monitor will have a separate display of the
windows on that monitor. So, on each monitor, the workspaces will have
the aspect ratio for that monitor.

Once you do that, I don't think there's generally a big difference
whether you stack the first two workspaces horizontally or vertically -
while there is some unoccupied vertical space around the workspaces
area, there are plans for that space in the mockups - like showing
messages above the workspaces to give feedback and a chance to undo when
you've removed something from the favorites well.

- Owen