Re: Re : interapplication communication

"And as a dock-like thing, there are many docks. You should use one of them."

Telling someone to use a different product is hardly s constructive attitude.

OK, the breadcrumbs system does give you a way to switch windows on the current workspace with the mouse, but it's not visual - don't you think it's somewhat backwards to move to a text based menu of windows rather than a real-time preview based design?  And why exactly are we against including a window list in shell?  Why is it better to use a massive chunk of the panel just to display the name of one window?

Sam

2010/1/1 Carlos Martín Nieto <carlos cmartin tk>
On Tue, 2009-12-29 at 23:08 -0800, Nicolas de Fontenay wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have to side with Felipe here. We must be able to switch one
> application to another with a mouse click.
> I know a lot of people reluctant to use ALT + TAB. Starting by my
> mother and dad.
>
> But why not make it flexibe?

 Take a look at breadcrumbs
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/DesignerPlayground/BreadcrumbsEtc