Dragging and dropping to hidden windows

Hi all,

I would like to make a request to you developers: In gnome 2.x I can drag an element (text, files...) to another window even if it's minimised or hidden, by first dragging it to its task list entry (which will bring the window to the top).

I have found that there is no way to do something similar in GS, and honestly, it kind of disrupts my work. Therefore, I would like to be able to drag those elements to the activities window to get an overview of all windows while still holding the items, and be able to drop them in any given window.

Maybe hold the cursor over a window for a couple seconds to close the overlay mode, in case you need to drop the elements in a specific part of the window.

Do you think that could be done? Also, I'm not subscribed to the list so please could you CC me if you reply to this message?

Thanks for your hard work,

David.