Left top corner animation - distracting?

I usually use the mile width/mile height area to pull out of workspace
(I'm not sure how is it called). In recent git version the animation was
added of pulsing from this corner.

Personally I find it very distracting as it momently draw my attention
from the task I'm currently doing to the corner. Is the animation
necessary?

Regards

PS. I believe that it was added to signalize that the hot corner was
activated to help new users show what just happened when the put mouse
there by accident. However I find it very distracting.