Help with understanding the css for gnome shell, for the purpose of creating themes... ...

Hello to the Gnome Shell developers.

Firstly I'd like to say what an interesting project, I've been using GS for a week or 2, it's pretty good, even for the early stages, keep up the good work, I know a lot of people are liking it as well.

My issue isn't a problems as such, but I have been looking at creating themes for GS and how to go about enabling users to actually install them, but for now I'm trying to understand the various aspects of the style sheets etc, in order to customize themes for it. How ever I have run into a few small problems, I'm pretty good with css (I have taken a couple of Open University courses that dealt with css and the like, my java script sucks though) I have been trying to change the colouring of the overview mode and that's when I first had a small problem.

Basically I haven't as yet managed to figure out how to change the colouring of the text in the search field (The word "Find") which has thrown up some small problems with colour schemes, mainly not being able to see the word to know theres something there, the other thing is where abouts would I find the code that controls the colouring of the recent items section ? at the moment the text shows up as whiteish, which at present is okay as the main colour scheme is grey, but this morning I was experimenting with lighter colours and found that I couldn't see the text in the recent items section, is there a way this can be changed as well ?

I would appreciate it if there is a couple of minutes spare if some one could e-mail me back with the information, if that's okay, and allowed.

Many thanks.

Dan.

--
“ All of us are travelers lost,