RE: Gnome Shell 2.29, a few issues. (Applications menu & Window transitions problems)

Well, I was using the Gnome Shell before, and it was smooth as silk on my Core i7 rig, with Nvidia 9500 GT. Its with the upgrade that things are somewhat slow.
Also, I talking about applications in the applications "menu". There are none listed. You probably took it for the space reserved for the currently open/favorites "under" the applications tab.