Re: applets / recent documents list [ was: Re: gnome-shell-list Digest, Vol 16, Issue 20 ]

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 13:28:31 +0100
Duuk <grendits gmail com> wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 01:52:30 +0530
> mohit chawla <mohit chawla binary gmail com> wrote:

[8<]

> >  is there a way to add apps
> > to the top panel ?

> On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 01:52:30 +0530
> mohit chawla <mohit chawla binary gmail com> wrote:

[8<]

> > Can someone please point out the way
> > to manipulate the recent-documents content.

> Those are two interesting topics, I think the possibility to edit the
> 'recent documents' should get a priority.

+1  (I agree this list should not exist... unless it can be disabled
or tweaked)

[8<]

> Regarding applets, that would be a great addition indeed.

I use a dock for the applets. Works great, IMO. I don't have any idea
what the plans are for the thing at the top.

[8<]

> P.S. I'm new to this whole mailing list experience, I hope my
> reaction is appropriate!

Personally, I like when a subject is related to the message and the
new text appears after the (trimmed) original text, so follow-ups make
some sense... and someone searching archives might find some clues in
the thread more easily in the future. So I changed the subject... and
sort of added the original posts you were commenting on before your
comments... [time for me to get a life?].

[8<]

Cheers,

--
 |    |ichael  |   |iggins    \^ /