Re: We need a logical way to switch through active windows.

Le mardi 02 février 2010 à 13:26 -0500, Jason Sauders a écrit :

> Sure, the overlay mode is there, but it's not user friendly when a
> user wants to sort through a bunch of instant messages or gimp
> windows. Having to hot corner to switch applications is not the way to
> go. Overlay mode is excellent for desktop management and utilizing the
> different workspaces to their full potential, but I don't view it as a
> task management tool.

I use the overlay to manage my tasks. And I can tell you that it is the
feature that made me switched from KDE that I have used for years. I
find very interesting to have only one gesture in order to be able to
manage a lot of actions or informations.

This is the only thing I can say. As long as I am able to use the
overlay to switch between tasks, manage desktops organisation or launch
actions (from recent items, ...), see tasks progress, I will keep on
using Gnome Shell.

--
Stéphan Peccini
Les photos : <URL:http://photonature.fr>