Re: Preview: how to see all workspaces?

Honestly, after playing for several hours of the git version of the GNOME Shell, I'm back with the classic desktop for it is still easy to find and switch application with it than with the Shell. Maybe I am not really used to it, I am waiting for the final release though. Maybe, the design is still in theory mode, not on the implementation stage... ;)

Cheers,
Allan

From: "Bojan Smojver" <bojan rexursive com>
To: "Rexursive" <bojan rexursive com>
Cc: gnome-shell-list gnome org
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 8:07:38 PM
Subject: Re: Preview: how to see all workspaces?

> I find current cut of gnome-shell much worse than that included in F-14

Another annoying thing was the new menu in overview mode. Not only do I
have to click to see apps, but they are all lined up in the iPhone like
grid, with no tooltips, so for half of them one cannot really tell what
they are, because the text doesn.t fit underneath the icon. No idea what
the obsession with grid is - must be some touch screen thing, latest
fashion or something like that. Not all that practical for us mouse users.

The whole thing went from "great potential" to "WTF?", to be honest. Sorry,
just a plain old Gnome user perspective here.

--
Bojan