Gnome-3, First Impressions

Hello(s)

Today, I experienced Gnome-Shell for the first time. Nice Graphics ... could be better though (fonts on the top are too large). I suppose its too early for HOW-TOs as I found myself itching for manipulations. I like to adjust things. That said, I have a few things on my mind:

1. The preview leaves the user wondering how to get to administrative dialogues. I found it odd having to click on "activities", then providing a search string to locate certain dialogues. I hope this falls into the category of "That's a WIP ... we'll fix that".

2. I like the way chat clients occupy the lower right ... looking very integrated. I do have reservations for the graphics around there. Series of rectangular bars bearing texts doesn't look "integrating". I'd rather have it all "black" with white text fading into the top border as the text scrolls up. That's one man's dream anyway. We all have preferences

3. The announcer that says "This dialog is Ready" should be "all sensitive" to clicks. I get focus only when I click the Icon. That's not good.

4. Gnome-shell is not allowing multiple instances of an application. Is this intentional? Attempts to open a new instance opens a running instance (gnome-shell faithfully brings you to the workspace occupied by the active instance). Sometimes I succeed in spawning another instance via the terminal ... but replicating that success wasn't always successful.

Okay, I think that's the much I remember. I'll have another preview sometime later ...

Regards
Onyeibo