Re: Future tiling?

Hey Emily,

> I've been running the latest (and greatest!) Gnome-shell, and I have to
> say, it has really been improving lately. I especially find the vertical
> tiling that was recently enabled to be very useful. I was just wondering
> if there are any plans to add horizontal tiling? I don't use it as often
> as vertical tiling, but it is still occasionally useful. ;)

Lapo Calanderei drew up some designs [1] for that recently, actually.
Hard to tell if they'll get implemented, of course, and it's doubtful
that it'll happen before 3.0. Still, nice to know that it's being
considered, eh?

Allan

[1]
http://gitorious.org/gnome-design/gnome-design/blobs/master/mockups/gnome-shell/simple-horz-tailing.png