Re: Creating a launcher?

Le mardi 07 décembre 2010 à 20:27 +0100, Rovanion Luckey a écrit :

> As it seems this won't be fixed for Gnome Shell:
>

>          Owen Taylor:
>         I don't see any compelling reason for standardization of the
>         *implementation* of application matching. What needs to be
>         standard is how applications are associated with windows. For
>         reliable association, that has to be independent of how
>         applications are launched, since someone can always launch an
>         application by typing the name on a terminal command line.
No, this is absolutely unrelated: you can perfectly match correctly
different version of the same program when using
different /implementations/, as long as /standards/ exist.

And in this quote, Owen is saying quite the contrary to your affirmation
actually: he implies we need a way to associate reliably windows with
applications, which means fixing the issues I've raised in previous
messages.