Re: [Usability] Taking Advantage of Spatial Memory with the GS Window Picker

Hey Allan! (Our names being the same still cracks me up!)
Same here. lol

Instead of manual rearrangement, you could order windows according to
the sequence in which they were opened, or the order in which they were
viewed (there could even be possibilities for alt-tab integration
there).
The manual rearrangement is just an additional option. By default, it's they're arranged by chronological order of when they're opened. I should've specified that so it would've been clear, but it's really like how it works on Firefox Panorama.

The alt-tab integration is an interesting idea. It's like how you ctrl+tab on Firefox based on tabs' sequence. It's trickier in window management, but we may find a way to do this.

One issue that I don't see addressed in your mockup is the normally
irregular shapes and sizes of windows - how will your regular grid be
achieved?
I was thinking of having a fixed size placeholder for each window. It's going to look like this http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/9751/mockupc.png

--
Regards,