Re: Taking Advantage of Spatial Memory with the GS Window Picker

Good suggestion!

In addition, I would very much like to be able to associate
applications with persistent weights like "important" to have them
more likely to show up early in any linear arrangements.

I have a suggestion to further boost the visual memory of the user.
Various widgets, borders and text of a workspace could perhaps be
associated with a particular color, drawn from a palette when the
workspace is created. These colors do not need to be omnipresent or
intrusive but applied in a subtle manner. They could perhaps be
applied to the digits of the clock and the characters of the
"Activities" button in normal view, and to window borders and
workspace borders in the overview or Window Picker to help the user
quickly associate applications with tasks and workspaces.

Best regards,
Andreas