Re: notifications (window hints)

I completely agree with you Gerald! While I really like Gnome Shell I
have to confess having missed a lot of chat/IRC etc notifications
lately.

The absolutely most brilliant advances in balancing my workflow and
productivity against nagging and distracting notifications lately were
"Priority Inbox" and "Mute" in GMail, where I can tag what is import
to me and what is not. IMHO the user should be trusted to have an idea
about which notifications should bubble up, which ones to delay for a
while and which ones to ignore.

/Andreas