Re: notifications (window hints)

On 2 December 2010 01:51, William Jon McCann
<william jon mccann gmail com> wrote:
> Because we retain and redisplay those notifications.  The design
> states (though this isn't yet implemented - help needed) that we
> should display the message tray when you haven't been using the
> computer for an amount of time (well before the screen off interval).
> You also have the opportunity to see messages as you switch tasks in
> the overview - since this a natural break in your rhythm.

FWIW, I think this is a great design. Anyway, maybe we could
compromise a little for those who want to be nagged by constantly
showing the message tray when there are notifications pending _and_
the user has set his online status as available. For the busy status what
you describe here would be OK I think.

I would constantly use the busy status for me.

Rui