Re: some thoughts on gnome shell

@Ryan

ok, notifications are now "less intrusive" but the problem remains:
the third image
(http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Design/Guidelines/MessageTray/Chat)
messages are too big and if I'm working on a another program. Notify
OSD gives less problems because this does not invade the main area of
the screen. TODAY the solution proposed by Canonical application
indicators and system indicators seem easier to use. If I'm not in
front of the computer and I get a notification (from telepathy) in
gnome-shell that is visible only if I'm going to search them right?
Canonical addition to notify-osd use other instruments (me-or
sound-applet2 menu for example) to provide a proper control system.

Zeitgeist:The problem is not the UI but the code that deals with the research.
If I type in gnome-do "you" the first result is because the terminal
use this program daily. Gnome-shell offers me the client terminal
server, a program that I never use! Zeitgeist fix this limit

Application menu: The choice to use the favorites is IMHO a wrong choice.
The risk is that a "non-Power User" hard to find the necessary order
to work. the learning curve is too high today in gnome-shell. I agree
with those who say that "If somebody needs an extension or a gizmo to
easily do a function, we've failed." Gnome3 MUST be usable by all
without extensions, modifications, customizations. Today it is not
even in the mockup and the situation does not seem much improved.

Application switcher:I do not want to make judgments before you try
the solution you are developing but the usual "not power users"
expects to have on screen a list of open programs .... It 'so you
always and I do not think that is willing to change medoto work for
"your fault": P

Clock: I'm sorry but I do not understand what the advantage of having
the clock in the center of the screen: P

I do not want to compete gnome-shell and unity but it is interesting
to evaluate the choices made by teams very different. Both programs
are also still under development and unity seems more "mature" and it
will be released in October, gnome-shell (thankfully) was deferred.
But often it seems that the team follows the development of
gnome-shell tends to "obstinate" about their ideas, without assessing
with due care proposals that come from outside.

and for this reason that today, after more than two years of
development is not yet well defined idea of how they will be future
desktop gnome!
Take it as constructive criticism but at Canonical have looked around,
saw zeitgeist and mutter, have developed code for a month and have
created something that is more "ready" gnome-shell.

IMHO you should organize an event to sit and listen. People like Seif
Lotfy, David Siegel, Andrea Cimitan, the people of elementary project
can perhaps give some interesting gnome-shell to make something unique
and great!