Re: Proposal: Use Ubuntu's MeMenu and Session Menu in the top panel

On Tuesday 06 April 2010 17:01:18 Ryan Peters wrote:
> On 04/06/2010 10:46 AM, clive wagenaar wrote:
> > On Tuesday 06 April 2010 16:23:55 Ryan Peters wrote:
> >> P.S. Maybe KDE is your thing more than GNOME is; they seem to care quite
> >> a lot more about customization.
> >
> > Ouch :)
>
> Well, it is rather true considering how each DE has their own goals and
> benefits. You can't say that Fluxbox is better than LXDE is better than
> KDE is better than GNOME etc. because it doesn't work that way. What the
> original topic-starter said was that he wants GNOME to be more
> customizable to fit everyone's needs. KDE has always seemed more "make
> it yourself" to me than any other DE and if that's the kind of DE he
> prefers, maybe he should switch.
>
> I happen to love LXDE/Fluxbox/KDE/XFCE just as much as GNOME, but only
> because they have their own goals and uses. I use GNOME though because
> it's what fits me best: a modern desktop that "just works". I'm not
> saying anything bad about KDE, I'm just saying that if that kind of DE
> suits him best, he might be better off using it.

I am also primarily a gnome user, but do use Crinchbang's xfce and am
currently in Kubuntu Lucid testing kde's progress. They are all good.
Thanks for the dockbarx tip for gnome on your blog a while back, that works
great in gnome ;)

Stay Well