Re: Proposal: Use Ubuntu's MeMenu and Session Menu in the top panel

On 04/06/2010 10:46 AM, clive wagenaar wrote:
On Tuesday 06 April 2010 16:23:55 Ryan Peters wrote:
P.S. Maybe KDE is your thing more than GNOME is; they seem to care quite a
lot more about customization.
Ouch :)

Well, it is rather true considering how each DE has their own goals and benefits. You can't say that Fluxbox is better than LXDE is better than KDE is better than GNOME etc. because it doesn't work that way. What the original topic-starter said was that he wants GNOME to be more customizable to fit everyone's needs. KDE has always seemed more "make it yourself" to me than any other DE and if that's the kind of DE he prefers, maybe he should switch.

I happen to love LXDE/Fluxbox/KDE/XFCE just as much as GNOME, but only because they have their own goals and uses. I use GNOME though because it's what fits me best: a modern desktop that "just works". I'm not saying anything bad about KDE, I'm just saying that if that kind of DE suits him best, he might be better off using it.