System Status Area

Hi,

One of the things we'd like to figure out pretty soon is exactly how
the system status area should look and behave.  I've pulled some of
the information out of the design document and created wiki pages with
some notes and mockups:
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Design/Guidelines/SystemStatus

It is terribly incomplete and most things are just quick sketches of
what I imagine things would look like.  But I hope it gives some
insight into where I see this going.  We'll be adding to it as we
progress.

I think I'd like to see two types of discussions come from this.

 1. Comments on the ideas and concepts (not color and style) in the
guidelines or mockups.  For these please add notes with your name to
the Comments section of each page.

 2. Discussion of how we can start to implement these ideas.
Especially if it seems like we'll want or need to move away from
embedded icons approach.  This can happen here on the list and/or on
IRC.

I'm cc'ing the maintainers of the key components involved (volume
control, bluetooth, network, power, GTK+) for their input.

Thanks,
Jon