Adding and removing workspaces

I believe this has been brought up before, but I have a minor issue with specifically removing workspaces.

The + sign always stays in the lower right, yet the - is on whatever is the last workspace.

Click rapidly on the +, without having to move the mouse, to add many, many workspaces. Now remove them.  The mouse must move up, up, up.... left left left... up up etc.

For consistancy's sake why not have the - to the left of the + ?  It doesn't make sense to constantly move it around since you are unable to choose a specific workspace to delete.  Also, often times I would try to click the - to delete it, but accidental click on the workspace itself.

So again, put the - next to the + and have the workspace highlight when the mouse is over the - to inform the user which workspace would be deleted.