Menubar

Another one 10cents piece ?

As many, I both use a laptop and a desktop pc. On the laptop
(1024x768), each pixel has a cost, and I often maximize the
windows I work on. So I'm only seeing one menubar at once,
and I Alt-Tab when I want see another window.

Contrarily, in my desktop pc, dual head, 2560x1024, I often
have several to many opened windows, none maximized. It is
IMPORTANT for me to have each application menubar under the
eyes without having to do anything other that looking at my
screen. In this case, having only currently active menubar,
and moved to top of screen is bad for two reasons :
- I no more have inactive menubars under eyes
- Having the menubar in the top left screen while the window
  is on the right screen is a pain.

Last but not least: I've received yesterday a bug report
with a screen copy of the main dialog of my application ;
but the screen copy doesn't show the menubar ! Is it a
bug ? is it normal ? is the menubar elsewhere on the
user's screen ? how may I know !??

All developpers, maintainers, debuggers, reporters: when
you cannot have a screen copy which contains all what we
have put in your application, then you begin to face to
big problems.

So, while we are all hoping that Gnome 3 will be a great
(r)evolution in user experience, and are all working hard
for that, the move of the active menubar to the top of
the screen, which is nothing more that the replication
of what we are seeing on another well-known os, and, more
that already exists as a gnome-applet, appears to me as
a very very very bad idea.

Regards
Pierre