Re: Exposing open windows (taskbar replacement, gestures? and more)

On 10/23/2009 01:47 PM, Naheem Zaffar wrote:
> The biggest problem for me is accessing open windows - currently without
> a taskbar, there are two ways to do this:
>
> 1. Click acitivities, let the page zoom out, click the window you wanted.
> 2. alt+tab and then select the right program followed by the right window.

There's actually a third; Click activities and then click the icon in
the App well. But I agree, none is as fast as the taskbar.

Once nice thing I've realized about the taskbar is that since it's
always visible, you can reach for the mouse and scan for the window tab
you want in parallel, so that once you've got the mouse, you know
exactly where you need to move it. With the overview, you can't do this.
(Maybe if I got used to using the Windows key to enter the overview
instead of using the mouse?)

> and finally, the sidebar. it seems to be awkward, so it at least needs
> an option to be moved to the right of teh screen and to not displace the
> icons... also the clock is awkward and pointless since there is the time
> at the top of teh screen.

The existing sidebar is only a proof of concept. It's not expected to be
useful. :-)

-- Dan