Clipboard Management

Hello,
Having just installed the Karmic RC, I thought I'd give gnome-shell a
go, runs pretty nicely, but I miss Glipper, primarily the fact that
Glipper is needed to have a functioning clipboard that plays nicely with
apps like firefox and secondly for the other functions Glipper brings.
As a feature is clipboard management likely to be integrated into
gnome-shell?
In my opinion it should be, I'm no developer but I imagine the rationale
for Glippers functionality not to have been implemented directly into
gnome before is that Firefox doesn't behave properly because it does not
correctly follow gnome's standard clipboard, and therefore Glipper's
method of fixing the clipboard doesn't solve the underlying problem, but
that seems a poor rationale to have something that is broken to end
users that needn't be.
Regards,
Michael