Re: Nvidia driver problem

So I guess that there is no current answer about the Nvidia driver problem? The shell is very laggard with very current hardware & using the nvidia proprietary drivers--I have my system SLI, so I can not easily (or at all) use a open-source driver & as this is a gaming rig also, I don't really want to use a non-accelerated driver....Does this mean that I "should" build a middle-of-the-road unit just to test the shell?

> Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 12:17:12 +0300
> From:<denis cheremisov net>
> To: gnome-shell-list gnome org
> Subject: May be you refuse from overlay

The entire idea seems to be wrong. BTW, mutter doesn't work