Re: Recent Documents module

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 1:42 PM, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi linux intel com> wrote:
On Tue, 2009-11-17 at 11:33 +0000, Bob Hazard wrote:
> This is also going to need a Private Browsing Mode like firefox to
> hide embarrassing filenames/thumbnails.  I have to blur that list in
> my screenshots (for security cough cough)

or a way to delete single items from the list, since a desktop-wide
"privacy mode" would require that every application do not register
files at all - thus it would require changes in the toolkit (recently
used files are handled by gtk+) and/or the applications.
That's only true if you access the list of recently used files directly from GtkRecentManager. If you request the list from Zeitgeist than we can hide documents (file, webpages, etc.) that were opened during a certain period of time without needing to modify any application's code.

Natan