Re: Time based profiles for recent docs. (day routine based)

Hi,

      I think you should better have a look at Desktop Contexts proposed by David Mend and others. It might be what you want. Visit http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/DesktopContexts for further info.

however I have my own ideas. Not sure it makes sense, but options are good and bad ideas will also sometimes help make good ones.

see attachment.

Cheers

This will solve my problem but only for one part.

Always for the example, I have two different activities: scanning,
archiving and preparing my photos on one hand and creating my gallery on
the other hand; both activities are associated with image files. But
when I am scanning and archiving, it can take a long time (one day for
one roll). If I have several rolls, I will first scan and archive and at
the end I will prepare my photos. But it can take several weeks.
Meanwhile, I can create one gallery from previous rolls. So if I have
one tab with all my recent image files, I will have a mix from two
activities. If I can have a choice for items organized by activities, I
will be able to get the right recent items associated to the right
activity.

And if one activity is associated with more than one category of items,
a tab "All items" for this activity will be a good solution. It's the
reason why I was speaking about a matrix.