Re: Breadcrumbs in the panel

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 3:42 PM, Greg K Nicholson <greg gkn me uk> wrote:
>> Also.. I believe that making the "Activities" button be part of the
>> breadcrumb will be confusing for new users when in a tutorial you refer to
>> paths like: "Activities -> Graphics -> GIMP" when you are talking about the
>> applications menu hierarchy. (unless we want to make the application menu to
>> be same as the workspace application positioning).
>
> That's an interesting idea. Especially if we could somehow prevent
> "Internet" from taking over. Browser *and* IM windows--quite a lot.

In fact I think that it's usually convenient to have the browser/IM
windows in a separate Internet workspace, since browsing is often
using the whole screen anyway, and IM is usually something you want to
keep in the background while working (you still can get notifications
when someone messages you).

Anyway... are applications allowed to be in more than one category at
the same time?
Perhaps advanced users could create their own categories in the menu,
so that they can create their own custom application groups for the
category workspace.

Another thing that could help is to make it easy for the users to turn
some windows sticky for all workspaces, with some button next to the
window title, just like maximize. Making it un-sticky could keep it
back to its original workspace.

--
Fernando