Re: xscrnsaver build error on Ubuntu 9.04

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 9:41 PM, Brian Pitts <brian polibyte com> wrote:
> I built gnome shell successfully a few weeks ago, but my attempt at
> updating today failed. I tried installing libxcb-screensaver0-dev but
> this didn't help. The error message is below:
>
> [...]
>
> No package 'xscrnsaver' found

Assuming you run Ubuntu, you need to install libxss-dev. On Fedora and
SUSE this is libXScrnSaver-devel, on Mandriva it's libxscnsaver-devel.

Unfortunately, suggestions for packages to install are currently only
given automatically when you run the gnome-shell-build-setup.sh
script.