Re: gnome-shell-list Digest, Vol 8, Issue 18

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 8:14 AM, Shane.Nuessler
<Shane Nuessler canberra edu au> wrote:

> Could the shell (or at least gnome 3) some how include gnome-do as
> default? Don't you think it will add to the modern gnome?
>
> Mr Shane Nuessler

I think that the current overlay has quite the same functionality as Gnome-do.

In my opinion, I'll rather have the overlay extended to cover what
gnome-do can do than porting a different engine for a quite similar
functionality.

Perhaps, allowing for simpler interfaces (gnome-do looking) to be
build on top of the overlay activity searching system would be nice.

And definitely there should be a "execute <search term>" item in the
overlay, like in gnome-do, I don't see why "alt-f2" needs for a
different engine, a different (faster) interface would be enough.

--
Fernando