RE: gnome-shell-list Digest, Vol 8, Issue 12

Dear all / Shane,

Sorry for starting another thread (with the same subject as the reply by
Shane Nuessler), but I was not subscribed at the time.

In my mind, the number of such overlays should/could be controlled by
the user; by enabling/disabling/ordering overlays. If there are too
many, perhaps a drop down menu selecting them.

The cost of this is that plugins (essentially standalone applications)
need to be developed, and will ONLY work on GNOME. On the up side, it is
quite likely these programs will be designed to be very simple, and
simply drawing things together from many other programs; simplifying
user interaction; and looking pretty.

Kind Regards,
Matthew