Mock up feedback

Hi,

The mock ups at http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/DesignerPlayground/AppBrowsingAlternative02

Look great I think, as a long time Gnome user.

My first impressions (if your interested) are:

1)    I couldn’t find the ‘More’ icon in the screenshots for the apps because it is nestled in with the other App icons. I could identify the smaller well positioned More icons for the recent docs, places etc much more readily.

2)    Regarding the call out window listing more apps, more places etc: why reveal any of the desktop preview at all when my context is hunting for a place or an app or a file? Could that callout space be expanded to cover the desktop preview? One possibility is you did this so you can drag items onto the desktop preview. An alternative would be to have a double click to open in workspace 1 or right click-> send to desktop X feature.

As someone who has tracked both KDE, Gnome, Mac and Win development for 10 years I think the idea of interacting with Gnome using this overlay is unique, cutting edge, highly useable, and if done and received well could make other efforts look ‘same ol’.

Mr Shane Nuessler
e-Learning Designer
Teaching and Learning Centre
University of Canberra ACT 2601

Phone: +61 (0)2 6201 5655

Fax: +61 (0)2 6201 5172
Email: shane nuessler canberra edu au

Australian Government Higher Education (CRICOS)
Registered Provider number: #00212K

NOTICE & DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential or copyright materials and are for the attention of the addressee only. If you have received this email in error please notify us by email reply and delete it from your system. The University of Canberra accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Australian Government Higher Education (CRICOS) Registered Provider number: #00212K