Re: Thoughts on Alt-Tab switching

2009/6/8 Jeremy Perry <jeremy perry redhat com>:
> http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/DesignerPlayground/Switcher

In my opinion:

I'm not sure how many people would try to use the mouse while holding
Alt, it's not very intuitive that the mouse can be used in that
situation, I believe most people trend to use only the mouse or only
the keyboard, and switch back and forth from using one or another.

However, it does look like a good idea for a mouse alternative way of
launching the switch-window dialog... perhaps via a mouse gesture, an
additional button of the mouse or some button in the sidebar, getting
a stationary switching mode that doesn't require you to press Alt and
that can be used with mouse-only. I really think that mouse gestures
would be a great addition for mouse-only users, as well as for
accessibility.

Another thing, I don't think that switching between all the windows in
every workspace is a good idea. What's the purpose of workspaces then?
If people like to cycle all their windows they can use 1 only
workspace, which is the default. On the other hand, a Alt-Tab like
shortcut for switching workspaces in recently used order could be a
nice addition imho.

--
Fernando