Re: tasklist/reusing gnome-panel

Le mardi 13 janvier 2009, à 17:48 -0500, Colin Walters a écrit :
> Anyways, what I plan to experiment with is adding the tasklist back at
> the bottom in normal mode; but when you enter the overlay mode, it
> gets hidden.  My initial technical plan on this is just to reuse the
> current stock GTK+ tasklist code.  We could do some sexy things if we
> used Clutter, live previews on mouseover etc., but having the old one
> would at least give us an idea of how the workflow might be with the
> taskbar again.
>
> One other technical note; if we are considering importing gnome-panel
> code, perhaps we should consider also using gnome-panel (or just GTK+)
> for the top area?

FWIW, there's no gnome-panel code -- the tasklist is a libwnck widget,
and then there's some applet code around this to make it an applet
(shipped in the gnome-panel module, okay ;-)).

So, no need to reuse gnome-panel if you don't want to reuse it. (But
you're still welcome to use it if you want)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.