Re: Mockup of overlay layout changes

Le lundi 23 février 2009 à 08:37 -0500, Dan Winship a écrit :
> I need to look at your app-tracking patch, but if it's based on the same
> code that generated our original most-used-apps list data, one problem
> with it is that it doesn't distinguish between "apps you launch
> directly" and "apps you launch via documents". Eg, evince is probably
> among my most-used apps, but I don't want a launcher for it.
You're right, but that should be easy to check. Distributions often hide
"viewer" applications from menus, so we should only have to check that
using GIO in appDisplay.js. If needed, a list of known apps could be
created too.

Now, some apps are between both categories: sometimes I want to start my
text editor by opening a document, sometimes from the direct launcher.
But that should not really be a problem.

Cheers