Re: Mockup of overlay layout changes

Le dimanche 22 février 2009 à 12:39 -0800, coulamac a écrit :
> [2] OSX automatically creates a launcher (of sorts) on the Dock.  This has a lot going for it, since it happens without special user input.  On the other hand, it falls into the tool-centered desktop paradigm, instead of a document-centered or task-centered paradigm.
I tend to agree to your whole analysis. I possibility I had not thought
about (has anyone else before?) would indeed consist in automatically
adding launchers for the most popular apps in the panel, with some form
of customization allowed. We need to see how this could interact with
the rest of the Shell, if it's not redundant and if it's generally a
good idea...