Re: gnome-shell moving to Git

On Fri, 2009-02-06 at 16:34 -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 6:29 AM, Milan Bouchet-Valat <nalimilan club fr> wrote:
> > Le jeudi 05 février 2009 à 19:24 -0500, Owen Taylor a écrit :
> >> As part of setting up git.gnome.org and exploring how we would
> >> transition to this, we needed a handful modules using it for real.
> > Really nice!
> >
> > I wanted to commit my application usage monitoring code to a separate
> > branch so that people can have a look at it (even if it's not perfect
> > yet), but for what I've understood you still need a registered account
> > to do so. Could I get commit permissions to a single branch? I don't
> > really need to modify master, anyway.
>
> Regardless of the state of git, I think it makes sense to at least
> have a GNOME Bugzilla entry for each nontrivial code-affecting task
> people are working on.  Can you file one for the application tracking,
> and if it's not too much trouble attach your patch there?

Also, I meant to do a shameless plug, in my original mail for:

http://blog.fishsoup.net/2008/11/16/git-bz-bugzilla-subcommand-for-git/

You can set up your gnome-shell git repository with:

 git config bz.default-tracker bugzilla.gnome.org
 git config bz-tracker.bugzilla.gnome.org.default-product gnome-shell
 git config bz-tracker.bugzilla.gnome.org.default-component general

Then once you have a change committed locally that you like, filing it
is as simple as:

 git bz file --add-url HEAD^

(The --add-url, which can be abbreviated to -u, rewrites your local
commit to include the bug URL. Will become the default pretty soon
when I find a bit of time .)

You can also use 'git bz attach' to attach a patch to an existing bug.

- Owen