Re: Trying the shell

Hi,

I will try to give an informed opinion.

In the current solution with Alt-Tab, windows can be invisible if the
active one is in fullscreen, and minimised windows are always invisible.
Extra input by the user is *always* needed to know the windows in the
current workspace. In addition to this, the Alt-Tab system is modal: the
set of steps required to get a desired outcome (an application is
selected) depends on the current mode of the system (the application
that is currently active and the history of activations). The exact same
sequence of actions gives different results each time. Using
"Activities" to switch applications is too cumbersome for an operation
that right now is just point and click.

With a window list, the windows in the current workspace are always
visible and no extra actions are needed. This solution is not modal:
just click the window's name and the window is activated. The same
simple action gives the same result, always.

With a window list, selecting a window is one extremely simple and
repeatable step that does not require any previous action to get the
information that it needs. Without it, the number of steps and the
information that has to be kept in the user's head increases for no good
reason.

Regards,

Felipe