Re: Brainstorming a Jumplist-like Spec, maybe for fd.o?

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 6:49 PM, Greg K Nicholson <greg gkn me uk> wrote:
> 2009/12/21 Sandy Armstrong <sanfordarmstrong gmail com>:
>> The basic idea (heavily influenced by the existing Tomboy note menu
>> and what I've seen of Windows 7 Jumplists) is that we give
>> applications a way to specify:
>>
>> * User actions
>> * Arbitrary named sets of items
>
> This sounds very much like the application menu, which is going to
> live next to “Activities” (where the active application's name is
> displayed).

Is this "application menu" mocked up, spec'd out, or discussed
anywhere else so I can learn about the plans for it?  It could be that
I'm a little behind on gnome-shell development news.

> So: right-clicking a launcher in the overview (and potentially in
> Docky) should show that app's application menu, even if the
> application isn't running.

Yup, sounds good.  Although since right-clicking seems to be a
somewhat rare action in gnome-shell, maybe there could be another way
to expose the functionality?

Sandy