Re: Brainstorming a Jumplist-like Spec, maybe for fd.o?

2009/12/21 Sandy Armstrong <sanfordarmstrong gmail com>:
> The basic idea (heavily influenced by the existing Tomboy note menu
> and what I've seen of Windows 7 Jumplists) is that we give
> applications a way to specify:
>
> * User actions
> * Arbitrary named sets of items

This sounds very much like the application menu, which is going to
live next to “Activities” (where the active application's name is
displayed).

So: right-clicking a launcher in the overview (and potentially in
Docky) should show that app's application menu, even if the
application isn't running.