Re: All GNOME Shell Developers.

On Friday 18 December 2009 21:54:10 hills wrote:

> I really like the idea of browsing my applications, documents and places in
>  full-screen. There will be enough space to show big thumbnail and
>  metadata. The bigger the better :-) (Fitts's law).

A tiny comment on this. One of the main things in G-S that I definitely don't
like is the size. Everything is just too big! And one would think that
biggerness would help in identifying things, but at least for me it does not.

One thing that I miss from the Windows world (up to XP, since with Vista fonts
look much like un GNU/Linux) is the fact that fonts were smaller and yet
looked terribly good. I know and I've heard the talk about font renderers, and
I've grown accustomed to bigger fonts in GNU/Linux (in fact I'm more
interested in a screen with bigger resolution rather than a bigger screen,
just to address this problem). So, when I first opened G-S, the impression i
got was HUGE. And it crossed my mind that I don't need all this extra size. So
maybe configurable sizes for icons and fonts would be a good thing.